Priority SitRep

6/2/24. Found a free hour or two. Actively working on site. Email me mark@thebattletechzone.com if you find something messed up.

I got *A* printer working!

I took this past week away from work (most people say "off," however I tell people, "I'm always off...") and did many things around the house. Including spending some time with my 3D printers. If you don't know or didn't remember, I have three printers, a Creality Ender 2, an Ender 3, and an Anycubic Photon.

I went through the basic alignment and setting of the Z for the Photon, and did a test print, which went well. I had most of a bottle that was due to expire next month, as the resin has generally a 12-month lifespan before it goes bad. I then started printing walls for terrain. There were a couple of "oops's" that I think were caused by the vat I was using. I switched vats, and I started getting consistent successful prints. I was so prolific I ran that bottle out and ordered two more. I have achieved my initial goal, and was able to print a perimeter wall for a base:

resin peremiter wall

My next-to-last last print for this, I didn't pay attention and just started the last print I needed to finish this project, without checking the amount of resin in the vat. When I pulled the last print off, I looked into the vat and saw this:

almost oops

Yeah. "Oops" is an understatement. It all worked out okay, this was the "casualty":

wall oops close

Easily passed off as "damage." This wall will be added to my queue of Things To Paint and hopefully be seen on a battlefield sooner rather than later.

Related Articles

Keep trying

In the works

All material this website © 2012-2024 The Battletech Zone. Any pictures,
descriptions and opinions unless otherwise noted are those of the site's owner.
Permission to quote or copy sections is allowed if attribution is given
and linked back to this website.