bz dd 3

bz dd 1

bz dd 2

bz dd 4

bz dd 5

bz dd 6

bz dd 7

bz dd 8

bz dd 9

bz dd 10

January Painting Challenge

Okay, a lot of changes since my last report.

First, I started the painting challenge because I wanted to be able to field two painted Regimental Combat Teams and a loaner battalion, which works out to be nine battalions. The object of this exercise was so I could field “pure” forces (one Command) of almost any size. I have many battle reports where usually it was a combination of Krushers and Group W units to “get the job done.”

The week before Christmas, I was looking at the mix of forces I have (and will have) and realized my #8 battalion (it didn't even have a name) wasn’t going to contribute anything meaningful to my force structure, just to my workload. Right now I have 3 combined arms Commands (a ‘Mech battalion and an infantry/vehicle/aerospace battalion), one ‘Mech only battalion and my newest battalion is mostly ‘Mechs with a small aerospace/vehicle presence. So, I dropped that unnamed battalion off the task list. That alone saved me 25% of the work I had set out before myself. My total step count dropped from 1,315 to 991.

I also revised my weekly task par from 23 to 25 just because it’s a “round number.” I did the math and I’ve actually been averaging 30 steps/week, but I don’t want this to be a race. It is a method of accountability to ensure steady progress to get the job completed in a timely manner and no more.

By a combination of these two factors, I have revised my finish date from NYE 2021 to July 25th, 2021, a full twenty-six weeks (six months) sooner. I will probably finish a week or two before that, but I’m aiming for a specific date to make sure I don’t slack off and get this done. Finishing early is just bragging rights.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s get to the details.

First, I managed to fill out the entire TO&E (Table of Organization & Equipment) for all battalions. I ordered the last miniatures I need from IWM yesterday morning. I got everyone detail painted except for 23 units of the 101st (and the ten units that I need to purchase). I also finally detail painted all of the battle armor, which was a chore I’ve been avoiding for months. I also discovered I "lied to myself" and backstepped about a dozen miniatures from Ready to Detail painted becaise I screwed up on the tracking spreadsheet. It's all good now. I'm still above par.

My plan (Custer had a plan...) involves dipping about 10-20 miniatures a day for the upcoming week. If the weather is good over the weekend, I'll start sealing them. Then it's a garnish of grass and done! With them at least.

Here's the numbers:

Days left: 147
Steps from last report: 798
Steps left: 697
Units in Monthly Delta: 101
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
122 -4 Ready 42.4%
7 -7 Repair 2.4%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
4 4 Sealed 1.4%
1 0 Dipped 0.3%
121 76 Detail Painted 42.0%
23 -38 Base painted 8.0%
0 -22 Basecoated 0.0%
0 0 Unpainted 0.0%
10 3 Unassembled 3.5%
0 -8 Unpurchased 0.0%

 

Here's (most of) the queue of miniatures waiting "to take the dip."

JPCpic.

Related Articles

All material this website © 2012-2023 The Battletech Zone. Any pictures,
descriptions and opinions unless otherwise noted are those of the site's owner.
Permission to quote or copy sections is allowed if attribution is given
and linked back to this website.

Free Joomla! templates by Engine Templates