Just a quick note, I found and fixed a couple minor issues. Redownload (it should ask you when you run RosterBuilder the next time) and have fun!

Write comment (0 Comments)

Week 1 down, I got the easy stuff out of the way.

Printed 1 Mech, assembled two vehicles I printed, then primered all of them and painted the bases of 63 'Mechs and 12 Battle Armor. The next week or three will be detail painting all of these. Then comes more to print and prime. When I get to about 150 Detail Painted, then comes the massive dipping.

w1 results

Here's the numbers as of yesterday:

Days left: 432
Steps from last report: 1315
Current Steps left: 1206
Units in Weekly Delta: 109
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
118 -1 Ready 36.4%
22 7 Repair 6.8%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
0 0 Sealed 0.0%
1 -3 Dipped 0.3%
5 -4 Detail Painted 1.5%
91 57 Base painted 28.1%
25 -35 Basecoated 7.7%
0 -6 Unpainted 0.0%
2 -11 Unassembled 0.6%
60 -4 Unpurchased 18.5%

See you next week, same Mech time, same Mech channel!

Write comment (0 Comments)

Well, I’ve successfully completed this iteration. I have been working on both See Mark Paint 4th edition and Roster Builder 3.0 with every spare second I have had since April, when I released Roster Builder v2.0 at the start of the pandemic.

Now I am going to take a break from coding and writing. I am locking myself in my painting room, telling my boss I quit, telling my wife to leave me for another woman, and telling my son to feed me by sliding a pizza under the door every day until he sees me come out with all of my miniatures painted.

I’m exaggerating. Slightly.

But I am taking a step back from generating content and concentrating on bringing a total of 324 miniatures to a table-ready state. This means I can field two complete Regimental Combat Teams (eight battalions) and my Demo/Loaner battalion for a total of 9 by New Years’ Day 2022. That’s bringing 141 unfinished miniatures from various states to tabletop ready and another 64 miniatures I don’t even have yet.

To help me achieve this goal, I will be posting my accountability tracker here every Monday to keep me motivated.

Each line is a separate waypoint, from purchasing/printing the miniature, assembly, basecoating, etc., to ready. As you can see from purchasing to ready (don’t include repair, that’s an otherwise “Ready” miniature) it takes nine steps. The number of “steps left” will be a reasonable progress tracker, as I have 1,315 steps to perform and that’s going to work out to an average of 21-22 steps a week. Think of that like taking 3 miniatures from unassembled to ready every week.

I will post the numbers below every Monday so you can see if I’m making progress or not. The goal is for the “Ready” line to be 100% by 12/31/21.

Here are the starting numbers. Wish me luck!

Days left: 437
Starting steps: 1315
Steps left: 1315
Delta: 0
Current status: On-Track
119 Ready 65.7%
15 Repair 8.3%
0 Garnish 0.0%
0 Sealed 0.0%
4 Dipped 2.2%
9 Detail Painted 5.0%
34 Base painted 18.8%
60 Basecoated 33.1%
6 Unpainted 3.3%
13 Unassembled 7.2%
64 Unpurchased 35.4%
Write comment (0 Comments)

I received an email at 10:02am today that my Kickstarter Wave 1 Battletech Clan Invasion was on the way. It hit my front porch about 10:30am. SQEEEEE!!!

And here's what I got:

KS Wave 1

Write comment (0 Comments)

It's been 6 months since I released Roster Builder 2. Thinking up new features, writing code for it, cleaning up the interface, cleaning up code and way more. But I've finally got it to a point where I'm happy with everything.

Here is the link to the page with the app: Battletech Roster Builder.

Here's the walkthru videos. Enjoy!

Write comment (0 Comments)
Back to top