Work continues apace. I made my quota, however I am disconcerned that I am only getting basically just eight hours total over Friday, Saturday and Sunday to paint. Granted, I have to spend time with my family, house maintenance, eat, sleep, work and other things on top of those (Including a great game aid to premere soon!). I guess this is a roundabout way of telling myself I'm lucky to have painting time at all. I could be stuck in a low-paying job where I have to work a second (or third) job, 80-100 hours a week to have a roof and food for my family.

I am very blessed. With what I've been through, I am honestly surprised I'm still here. I sincerely you, dear reader, are blessed as well. No matter what, when the son comes up in the morning we can open our eyes, sit up and take nourishment. Be humble, greatful and thankful for those things, every day. I sure am.

Enough of the weepy shit. Here's the numbers:

Days left: 418
Steps from last report: 1177
Steps left: 1154
Units in Weekly Delta: 23
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
125 0 Ready 38.6%
15 0 Repair 4.6%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
0 0 Sealed 0.0%
1 0 Dipped 0.3%
24 0 Detail Painted 7.4%
79 0 Base painted 24.4%
25 0 Basecoated 7.7%
0 0 Unpainted 0.0%
0 0 Unassembled 0.0%
55 0 Unpurchased 17.0%

.

Write comment (0 Comments)

I am amazed. I actually gained ground, despite that I only worked on stuff Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I even kitbashed the Goliath, he was missing a part on his right side, I found a loose Rotary Autocannon and attached it then filled in the gaps with green stuff.

So I managed to repair the frosting on the aircraft, bringing them to "ready" status. I detail painted thirteen units, printed/assembled four units and brought them to "base painted."

w2 results

Here's the numbers. By the time December rolls around, I will have enough data to understand what my actual production levels are and I'll be able to revise my estimated completion date:

Days left: 425
Steps from last report: 1206
Steps left: 1177
Units in Weekly Delta: 29
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
120 2 Ready 37.0%
20 -2 Repair 6.2%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
0 0 Sealed 0.0%
1 0 Dipped 0.3%
18 13 Detail Painted 5.6%
82 -9 Base painted 25.3%
25 0 Basecoated 7.7%
0 0 Unpainted 0.0%
0 -2 Unassembled 0.0%
58 -2 Unpurchased 17.9%

.

Write comment (0 Comments)

Just a quick note, I found and fixed a couple minor issues. Redownload (it should ask you when you run RosterBuilder the next time) and have fun!

Write comment (0 Comments)

Week 1 down, I got the easy stuff out of the way.

Printed 1 Mech, assembled two vehicles I printed, then primered all of them and painted the bases of 63 'Mechs and 12 Battle Armor. The next week or three will be detail painting all of these. Then comes more to print and prime. When I get to about 150 Detail Painted, then comes the massive dipping.

w1 results

Here's the numbers as of yesterday:

Days left: 432
Steps from last report: 1315
Current Steps left: 1206
Units in Weekly Delta: 109
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
118 -1 Ready 36.4%
22 7 Repair 6.8%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
0 0 Sealed 0.0%
1 -3 Dipped 0.3%
5 -4 Detail Painted 1.5%
91 57 Base painted 28.1%
25 -35 Basecoated 7.7%
0 -6 Unpainted 0.0%
2 -11 Unassembled 0.6%
60 -4 Unpurchased 18.5%

See you next week, same Mech time, same Mech channel!

Write comment (0 Comments)

Well, I’ve successfully completed this iteration. I have been working on both See Mark Paint 4th edition and Roster Builder 3.0 with every spare second I have had since April, when I released Roster Builder v2.0 at the start of the pandemic.

Now I am going to take a break from coding and writing. I am locking myself in my painting room, telling my boss I quit, telling my wife to leave me for another woman, and telling my son to feed me by sliding a pizza under the door every day until he sees me come out with all of my miniatures painted.

I’m exaggerating. Slightly.

But I am taking a step back from generating content and concentrating on bringing a total of 324 miniatures to a table-ready state. This means I can field two complete Regimental Combat Teams (eight battalions) and my Demo/Loaner battalion for a total of 9 by New Years’ Day 2022. That’s bringing 141 unfinished miniatures from various states to tabletop ready and another 64 miniatures I don’t even have yet.

To help me achieve this goal, I will be posting my accountability tracker here every Monday to keep me motivated.

Each line is a separate waypoint, from purchasing/printing the miniature, assembly, basecoating, etc., to ready. As you can see from purchasing to ready (don’t include repair, that’s an otherwise “Ready” miniature) it takes nine steps. The number of “steps left” will be a reasonable progress tracker, as I have 1,315 steps to perform and that’s going to work out to an average of 21-22 steps a week. Think of that like taking 3 miniatures from unassembled to ready every week.

I will post the numbers below every Monday so you can see if I’m making progress or not. The goal is for the “Ready” line to be 100% by 12/31/21.

Here are the starting numbers. Wish me luck!

Days left: 437
Starting steps: 1315
Steps left: 1315
Delta: 0
Current status: On-Track
119 Ready 65.7%
15 Repair 8.3%
0 Garnish 0.0%
0 Sealed 0.0%
4 Dipped 2.2%
9 Detail Painted 5.0%
34 Base painted 18.8%
60 Basecoated 33.1%
6 Unpainted 3.3%
13 Unassembled 7.2%
64 Unpurchased 35.4%
Write comment (0 Comments)
Back to top