Just a quick note, I have posted a review for Lychee Slicer. Go check it out, then go get the product!

Write comment (0 Comments)

I have been so busy...

I am moving forward on multiple projects simultaneously. I am in the middle of a couple of new product reviews, and advancing on the next versions of See Mark Paint and Roster Builder. I'm also doing some commission painting and so much more. I feel like a duck, calm on the surface but paddling like crazy out-of-view.

Progress is being made. It will become apparent when the groking achieves fullness.

Write comment (0 Comments)

I managed to find a few ways to save code. I also found a couple hundred errors of the rules levels. I updated the main database, then realized that if/when I update the main database it wasn't updating the profiles. So I fixed that too.

I am working on the Mac version, as well as working out the Clan structure and Alpha Strike functions as well. Hopefully by 3rd quarter.

Write comment (0 Comments)

I have completed my painting challenge! It wasn't easy, it was frustrating but I got it done. I now have 288 combat-ready miniatures in eight battalions.

I did misunderstand something. I have been saying "Regimental Combat Teams," but after posting the below picture on social media, it was pointed out that I don't have two RCT's, I have two Reinforced Regiments. I stand corrected.

As soon as I get done editing the pictures I have of each battalion, those will get posted in the "My forces" tab at the top of the page.

TwoRB sm

Write comment (0 Comments)

All I can say is W-O-W.

Like I said earlier, I was waiting for when the detail painted step had over 100 miniatures before I would start dipping so I could make a lot of progress all at once.

Then I got furloughed from my day job. Suddenly I had a lot of time to work on my miniatures! My last miniatures also arrived from Ironwind Metals. So officially I have two complete RCT’s.

So over about 3 days, I managed to dip 87 miniatures (34 were Team Banzai, which are black as a base color, no reason to dip them). Then came a nice sunny day and I got them sealed in Matte Varnish (which has a story all by itself. I might tell it someday). A couple days after that, I “garnished” them (applied static grass) and just like that I went from 122 at a ready state to 229! With my repairs also completed, I now have 236 miniatures ready, 81.9%.

I have knocked my tasks down to 208, which is just 52 Detail Painted. I am actually “almost” (in those dreaded “scare quotes”) done. One mass dipping session, one mass sealing session and one mass garnishing session and I’ll be done! I will be seriously surprised if I’m still doing this in March. If I push myself I can report the challenge is complete by Valentine’s Day. I say “push myself” because on top of painting, I’m job hunting and doing a lot of semi-big “Honey-Do’s” around the house as well. My Par is currently +408, so I could take twelve weeks off if I wanted to complete “on-schedula.” Let me think about it, no.

I will be dipping them this week, then all I need is a sunny day with low humidity to seal them. Ooh, I need more static grass...

So, here's the numbers:

Days left: 119
Steps from last report: 798
Steps left: 208
Units in Monthly Delta: 590
this stage Delta Current status: On-Track
236 114 Ready 81.9%
0 -7 Repair 0.0%
0 0 Garnish 0.0%
0 -4 Sealed 0.0%
0 -1 Dipped 0.0%
52 -69 Detail Painted 18.1%
0 -23 Base painted 0.0%
0 0 Basecoated 0.0%
0 0 Unpainted 0.0%
0 -10 Unassembled 0.0%
0 0 Unpurchased 0.0%
Write comment (0 Comments)
Back to top